cauliflower and pine nuts is just an amazing meal for pregnant women as its ingredients are full of the nutrients which are essential during pregnancy
cauliflower and pine nuts
- 1 cup quinoa , rinsed and drained three times
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup roasted , sauteed or steamed cauliflower florets
- 2 scallions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or sliced almonds
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons golden chopped green olives
- 4 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- coarse sea salt and black pepper chopped fresh parsley
how to make cauliflower and pine nuts:
- bring the stock to a simmer in a saucepan and stir in the rinsed , drained quinoa , then cover and simmer over medium-low heat till the grains expand and the liquid gets absorbed , it takes around 25 minutes time .
- toss the quinoa with your remaining ingredients season with salt , lemon juice and peppers , after that serve warm or at the room temperature .
And here is the cauliflower and pine nuts meal .. Awesome right?
benefits of cauliflower during the pregnancy:
you need around 85 milligrams of Vitamin C each day in your diet during your pregnancy . a cup of cauliflower contains 51.6 of vitamin C which supports a healthy immune system , prevents anemia , premature delivery and the low birth weight , this vitamin also helps your body absorb iron and acts as an antioxidant to protect your growing fetus’s tissues from damage.
cauliflower is rich in folate which you need 600 micrograms of it each day during your pregnancy , folate reduces your baby’s risk of neural tube defect as spina blifda , it also supports the healthy formation and function of your placenta that nourishes your fetus , folate is very important during the first weeks of pregnancy as it is the time when the neural tube is forming .
you need about 1300 milligrams of calcium each day during pregnancy . and one cup of cauliflower contains 24 milligrams of calcium which aids in the formation of your growing fetus’s bones and teeth and it also supports the proper function of nerves and muscles a cup of cauliflower contains a small amount of niacin that supports the formation of your fetus’s skin digestive system and nerves , cauliflower also contains 2.1 gram of fiber which helps prevent constipation as well as containing small amounts of iron , zinc and protein .
benefits of olive during pregnancy:
- olives are excellent sources of niacin is that is essential for hormone production in pregnant women .
- vitamin A found in olives help in proper functioning of vision and immune system which would help pregnant woman staying safe against infection.
- the pantothenic acid found in olives help in blood cell production in the baby and his mother .
- at the time of delivery of the baby normal blood coagulation is highly required and the vitamin k found in olives would help in that issue .
- olive oil helps reduce the blood cholesterol and the pressure levels throughout pregnancy.
- olives contain a minimal amount of vitamin C that helps in the production and relair of tissues including collagen , tendons , skin and the blood vessels.
to know another an amazing meal for pregnant women check our article chocolate banana muffins and nigella