chocolate banana muffins and nigella is one of the most delicious and healthy meals for pregnant women . The best part of it is that it contains chocolate of course !
chocolate banana muffins and nigella
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 11/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quaker oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons best quality
- unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
how to make chocolate banana muffins and nigella:
- heat your oven to 400 degrees F and line the muffin tin with paper muffin cups. mash the bananas .
- beat in oil , followed by the two eggs and the sugar in then whisk in the oat bran.
- in another bowl whisk the flour , baking soda , cocoa and salt together , add this mixture to the banana mixture then stir until combined . spoon the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake for around 20 minutes by that time muffins should be rounded , dark , and peeking proudly out of their cup , then let them cool slightly in the pan before removing to a wire rack
And here is your chocolate banana muffins and nigella ! Delicious!
chocolate plays a vital role in your diet during your pregnancy as it :
aids in blood pressure regulation
cocoa that is used in making chocolate contains theobromine which helps in proper regulation of blood pressure for pregnant women this component can help in maintaining blood pressure by aiding the dilation of blood vessels.
makes happy babies
some researchers claim that chocolate could affect the baby’s behavior . stressed pregnant woman who indulge in chocolate are reported to be more likely to give birth to happier livelier babies , this result is linked to the chemicals contained in chocolate especially phenylethylamine which is believed to pass from the mother to her baby through the womb ,
it contains good antioxidants
, chocolates are rich in flavonoids that are believed to contain potent antioxidants which is good in improving immunity and it can also fight against certain cancers . And help in the cardiovascular system.
it has iron , magnesium and other nutritional contents
magnesium helps significantly with fatty acid metabolism , pregnant women can also benefit from these nutrients contained in chocolate.
it can prevents heart diseases
the dark chocolate’s ability in preventing heart disease is attributed to its antioxidant properties.
it can help a pregnant woman manage weight and reduce cholesterol levels
when dark chocolate is consumed moderately it can help a pregnant woman by reducing cholesterol levels .
chocolate also relieves stress and help prevent pre-eclampsia.
bananas are also essential in your diet during pregnancy as they:
- are excellent source of potassium that helps to keep blood pressure at a normal level , it is also important for a healthy nervous system and kidneys
- bananas are the best source of vitamin B6 which helps your body to make red blood cells.
- to reduce stomach bloating constipation and ensure smooth bowel movement , pregnant women should increase the intake of bananas in their diet .
- they contain calcium which is necessary for the healthy bone development of your growing you baby it is also essential in the development of the skeletal system in adults and children .
- they boost up the growth of red blood cells in your body .
- if they are regularly consumed in the early stages of pregnancy they help in reducing The morning Sickness and nausea .
- they can help reduce anxiety and stress.
you can also enjoy
- banana with milk
- banana shake
- banana smoothie with honey
- banana fries
- green bananas
- raw banana curry
- bananas and allergy
After trying chocolate banana muffins and nigella comment below to tell us how did you find it . and you can check also our article Fruit and Yogurt Smoothie Recipe