if you started to have regular contractions which cause your cervix to begin to open before reaching 37 weeks of pregnancy this means that you are experiencing preterm labor signs.
well . going into preterm labor doesn’t always mean that you are going to have a premature baby . more than half of women who experience premature labor eventually deliver at 37 weeks , around a quarter of premature births are planned .if your baby or you have a complication your medical team may decide to induce labor early or even perform a C.S (caesarean section) before 37 weeks and this might happen if you have a serious medical condition as worsening preeclampsia or if your fetus has stopped growing.
you may end up having a spontaneous premature birth if you go into labor prematurely if the water breaks early or if the cervix opens prematurely was out with contractions .
call your doctor or Midwife immediately If you experience the following if they could be preterm labor signs
backache usually will be in your lower back it could be constant or come and go however it won’t ease even if you change your position or do some things for comfort .
you may feel like cramping in your lower abdomen which feels like gas pains accompanied with diarrhea this is considered as one of the preterm labor signs.
- fluid leaking from vagina , increased vaginal discharge , and vaginal bleeding including light bleeding are also preterm labor signs.
most of these preterm labor signs are hard to tell apart of normal pregnancy symptoms so we went in you what increases your risk and make you quite sure that what you are experiencing are preterm labor signs
the following increases your risk...
- being very underweight or overweight before getting pregnant.
- not getting good prenatal care .
- smoking , drinking alcohol , or using streets drugs during the pregnancy
- having some health conditions as preeclampsia , high blood pressure , diabetes and blood clotting
- being pregnant with a baby has certain birth defects or a baby from in vitro fertilization
- getting pregnant too soon after delivering.
- being pregnant with twins or other multiples
premature babies grow more slowly than the babies who are born at full-term they also have a higher risk of some long-term health problems as autism , cerebral palsy , intellectual disabilities , vision or hearing loss and lung problems
Don’t forget to share the article ! And leave a comment to tell us how did you find it .
check also inducing labor naturally