Spinach and Tofu in garlic sauce is just a perfect meal you can try in your diet during pregnancy
Spinach and Tofu in garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of shayu or any other good quality soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons vegetables oil
- 1 pound firm tofu (patted dry and cut into one inch cubes)
- 1 shallot (sliced)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (sliced into coins)
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (chopped)
- 2 large garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
how to make Spinach and Tofu in garlic sauce :
- in a medium-sized bowl whisk the cornstarch with one tablespoon of the chicken stock and set aside , bring another Bowl stir together the soy sauce , remaining stock , sugar and sesame oil.
- heat over a high heat a wok and add the vegetable oil , then add the shallot and tofu , the next step is to stir-fry until the shallot is translucent , after around one minute add the ginger and garlic then stir-fry for one more minute .
- then add the spinach and toss until it begins to wilt , after that pour it in the mixture of the soy sauce , then cover and simmer for around two minutes .
- stir the cornstarch then scrape it into the stir-fry , now stir until the sauce thickens (it will take around two minutes) , then add a little more soy sauce to taste , at last serve over steamed brown rice….yummy
Now let us tell you the benefits of the Spinach and Tofu in garlic sauce meal’s components
spinach is one of the most healthy food for pregnant women as it :
prevents birth defects
spinach is rich in folate or folic acid which do you need during pregnancy to protect your fetus from birth defects as cleft palate , cleft lip , and spina bifida . folic acid can also go a long way in preventing low-birth weight in newborn babies . The deficiency of folic acid during pregnancy can make you lose your petite and it can also cause gingivitis , irritability , diarrhea , forgetfulness and mental lethargy . spinach is the best protective solution against folate deficiency .
Many pregnant anemia because their bodies require additional iron to help their babies grow . spinach is a perfect source of iron which can treat and prevent anemia .
Can help lower blood pressure
Spinach contains glycolipid which is an anti-inflammatory agent that can provide you with relief from pain and aches during pregnancy .
Helps in lung development
Spinach is rich in beta-carotene which converts into vitamin A that helps in the development of your fetus’s lungs , vitamin A also helps your fetus gain adequate weight and it boosts your metabolism too
Tofu benefits during pregnancy:
-tofu is rich in copper and iron which help in synthesis of hemoglobin in your body .
-it contains calcium that helps proper bone development in your fetus .
-selenium aids generating free radicals and is a good fighter against cancer .
After trying the Spinach and Tofu in garlic sauce leave a comment to tell us how did you find it
you can also try this amazing meal cauliflower and pine nuts during your pregnancy